Diagnosis steps & tools?

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Mon Feb 8 18:49:33 GMT 1999

I had a similiar problem -- hunting/unstable idle only when warmed up on
an '87 2.8 Cavalier (MAF).  It turned out to be the O2 sensor. Clean the
IAC passage and pintle also.

Funny, the O2 sensor was not even in the $800+ list of things to replace
as suggested by the Chevy dealer after 1.5 hours diagnostic time ($).

Tom