Ford ISC-BPA

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Fri Feb 12 01:54:27 GMT 1999

Dave Williams wrote:

>  How does the Ford idle air valve work?

Yep, PWM it.  Set the frequency high enough to not pulsate the thing.  200
Hz should be fine.

Basically you want to increase the pulse width when you want it to speed up
and decrease the PW when you want it to slow down.  I don't know which way
it operates -  if it bypasses more air when alot of PW is present or when
none is present so you may have to reverse the PW correction.  Slowly change
the PW and see what the engine speed does.

Chad