No hot start

jolliffe jolliffe at aiov.com
Fri Feb 12 20:43:31 GMT 1999

My 89 Formula 350 starts fine cold but after it reaches about 100
degrees it will not restart.  If I give it some starting fluid it will
start and run.  All the sensors are reading normal on my OTC scanner.  I
tested the injectors with a "noid" light and it blinks the same way
whether the engine is hot or cold.  If I start the car with the stock
chip and then shut it off, insert the chip from my 87 GTA, it will start
and run.  What could be the difference between the two chips that makes
it start with the 87 chip?  What controls the injectors while cranking?
Thanks for your help as I have run out of things to try.

Rich Jolliffe