CRYOGENICS PUMP?

WATCHmeDRV at aol.com WATCHmeDRV at aol.com
Sat Feb 13 03:26:34 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/12/99 4:28:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, james at brc.ubc.ca
writes:

<< I've never seen such a pump.  Liquid N2 is delivered in a pressurized
 container (like propane).  We just open a valve and pour it out of the hose
 into the container we need it in.  It lasts for a surprisingly long time
 before evaporating.  What's your application?
 HTH
 jw

I am pumping N2O not N2, N2O is nitrous oxide it is stored in a container at
1100psi.
It boils at -130 to -140F at atmosphere pressure. I would have to have a pump
to do it or have my supply bottle at about 90 to 100F and the bottle that I
want to fill at about 32F (put it in the freezer overnight) This works I have
done it several times to fill my NOS bottles for my drag car. The problem is
that I have to then heat the bottle back up to about 100F to get my pressure
of about 1000 to 1100psi that I need for nitrous injection in my dragcar. An
air operated pump would will fill a 10lbs. bottle in about 5 to 7mins. NOS,
COMPUCAR, and NITROUS WORKS sell these pumps but they are to proud of them, I
would like to find a pump that is in the $100 to $200 range.

THANKS,
DETROIT AMERSON