New TBI Question, again

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Feb 14 03:55:52 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Onebil2mny at aol.com <Onebil2mny at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, February 13, 1999 5:39 PM
Subject: New TBI Question, again

><< One more time please, What is the color code on the Caprice injectors?
> If that is the 6965 (?), i might be off a number, anyway it is a lean dude
> in some applications, and has a lean cruise feature. >>
>

>Argh, I just installed them, and didn't note the color.  Should have
>remembered that from the last time I guess.  Anyway, they are from the same
>vehicle as the computer (both are fresh from GM).  I'm not sure I
understand
>the relevance of the injector color at this point, unless they might need a
>different pressure?

Huge difference in how a 55 to 65 acts, never mind if the calibration is for
the wrong one of the two.  If you have orther than the ones mentioned ie
green whites, you'll never be happy.

  But, even if this is so it will lean cough on sudden
>throttle during warm up even with the return line pinched off.

Dead heading pump raises pressure, and lowers volume, doesn't
mean much.   Now if you put a guage on and the pressure doesn't drop and it
does that, then you know they are too small or calibration is off.
Bruce

It does go in
>to closed loop at this point, and after warm up the cough all but
dissapears.
>When warm it does have an ugly spot, just off idle.  Kinda like it looses
TPS,