PWM fuel pump

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Wed Feb 17 18:53:14 GMT 1999

Getting back on this late... but better then never...

I think your right on the money here Tom, a PIC or small micro is
the way to go. Due to all the inputs required, and the fuel pressure
curve desired, doing this in analog is not the way to go.

I have an analog error-amp/charge-pump feedback system working, but
this will only provide for a single pressure. The pressure requested  is
by a pot, the real pressure is fed-back via a fuel pressure sensor. This
would be adequate for a TBI system. A port system would need at the
least a manifold pressure sensor (MAP) adjustment also.

At this point, I've gots' to get the EFI system fully operational on the car,
then I can start playing more with this stuff.

BobR.

Tom S. wrote:

>Bob and I are on the same wave length. I would like to see a pic driving it
from a
>tach lead, MAP sensor and fuel pressure sensor. I would like to see 25 psi
delta @
>0-2K rpm rising to a constant 75 psi delta above 6K rpm. Use the maps to tune
the
>system from here..
>
>This could be a stand alone unit or controlled by an analog signal from the
ECU..