multimeter advice needed

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 17 19:03:34 GMT 1999

Gang,
I'm looking for a digital multimeter that can also read frequency (what
range I don't know, anybody have any recomendations here?) and handle current
high enough to measure alt. output and starter draw so proly close to 100
Amps.  Don't know if they come this high.  Proly my dream meter is a fluke
but I don't want to hand over my first born and perhaps an appendage too.

It would be ideal if it could measure current by an inductive pick-up.
Don't know if all this is possible at a reasonable price, I may be asking
too much.

Thanks for any and all advice,
jw