multimeter advice needed

Wen Yen Chan chanwe at ecf.utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 17 20:00:24 GMT 1999

Hello,

Fluke & Tektronic meters are cheaper than you would expect (Especially if
you consider the lifetime warranty). I've found that the only meters that
last more than a year or two in rough usage are the Flukes & Teks. If you
are looking to read 100 amps you will need a clamp type meter.  Fluke
makes a meter that has been designed for automotive testing (I think it is
the mod. 88) but the clamp attachment is somewhat expensive. Tenma makes
lower cost current clamps (~200 $cnd) which are almost as durable as the
Fluke clamps. I believe the flagship Tenma meter has a data logger.

good luck
Wen