multimeter advice needed

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Feb 17 20:11:57 GMT 1999

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, James Weiler wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:02:40 -0800 (PST)
> From: James Weiler <james at brc.ubc.ca>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Cc: eec at eelink.net
> Subject: multimeter advice needed
>
> Gang,
> I'm looking for a digital multimeter that can also read frequency (what
> range I don't know, anybody have any recomendations here?) and handle current
> high enough to measure alt. output and starter draw so proly close to 100
> Amps.  Don't know if they come this high.  Proly my dream meter is a fluke
> but I don't want to hand over my first born and perhaps an appendage too.
>
> It would be ideal if it could measure current by an inductive pick-up.
> Don't know if all this is possible at a reasonable price, I may be asking
> too much.
>
> Thanks for any and all advice,
> jw

I saw a meter in the back of Electronis Now or some such it did dwell,
pwm, frequency as well as the more mundane things I'll try to track do
the ad ( it was a full page one as I remember)

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8