4 cyl engine advice needed

Michael Shellenberger mshellen at ds5500.cemr.wvu.edu
Thu Feb 18 01:03:35 GMT 1999

Hey,
     How about just hoping up the original engine:  Larger bore, cross-flow
head, and maybe a wilder street cam.  I've heard of people getting 150 hp
out of them... I know thats on the wild side but there is more in that 4
then the stock numbers.   As far as a 5 speed: easiest is just to replace
the original with an overdrive, with some work a 5-speed from a rear wheel
drive supra.  These are just some ideas

Mike