4 cyl engine advice needed

Howard, Randolph E Randolph.Howard at PSS.Boeing.com
Fri Feb 19 00:11:39 GMT 1999

Yes!  That little Ford 2.8 V6 would be a perfect fit in the "B" I think.  I have one in my old worn out 1986 Aerostar van and it is TINY!  This is the Ford Capri motor that campaigned successfully against BMW back in the '70s, and beat them for a fraction of the cost of the bimmer.  They are spirited but not exactly awesome in stock form and unfortunately most of the development work done on them has remained in Europe.  They did sell a nice fuel injected version here in the US for a couple of years though.  I saw one in a Ford Ranger type truck once.  If you could find one with trans for a nice price I would definitely consider it.  The motor is pretty well covered in a "How To Hot Rod Ford V-6" book that I bought from Classic Motorbooks.