ECM wiring harness help

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 22 06:56:03 GMT 1999

Most EEC-IV's have both sensors (I realize your's is probably an EEC-V).
The MAF is the most important sensor there is for this system (next to
the O2 sensor that is).  The MAP is used only during cranking and at
WOT.  It's used to correct for changes in atm. press. due to weather
changes and any changes in altitude you might be experiencing.  The GM
speed density uses this sensor constantly however and is the most
important sensor (once again after the O2 sensor).
Hope most of this was accurate to answer all your questions.
later,
jw