Connector

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Feb 22 19:17:04 GMT 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Guenther,Max wrote:

> Does anybody know where to get the 66 pin connector on the 727 ECM for
> the memcal?  I'm not real good at soldering and dont want to try taking
> it out.  I'd like to make a little rig to reprogram the rom chip with
> out removing it from the memcal unit.
> Thanks,
> >Max

Buy a smaller connector (say 50 pin) and modify it to fit the half of
the chip you need.  You will need to cut the end off of it and add
some notches in it to match the memcal.  You probably want to get a
wire wrap socket as it has long legs and with a bit of bending can be
plugged into a programmer without many problems.   I have been using
this sort of setup for a while.  I searched for a 66 pin and did not
have any luck finding one.

				Roger