Plasma Jet Ignition

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Mon Feb 22 20:30:27 GMT 1999

I do remember that article.  I believe it was Hot Rod.  The engine was a
nail head Buick.  The anti-foulers like things were welded in to provide
cooling water around them.  All the sparkplugs were connected together in a
single circuit with a capacitor at each one.  There was some kind of spark
generator to create a high frequency spark.  The inventor had all sorts of
claims for better performance and economy.  I have never heard of such a
system since.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

>Barry Tisdale wrote:
>
>> Anybody remember an *old* spark ignition system that used conventional
spark plugs & an anti-fouler extension w/ a *small* hole into the combustion
chamber?  The spark fired constantly, on compression, air/fuel would be
squeezed up the tube, enter a small chamber around the spark plug, ignite &
then shoot back into the combustion chamber.  Apparently self-timing, self
load compensating, etc.

>> Wonder what ever happened to that - read about it in an old mag, '60s or
so..