TH-400 help

Jennifer and Brock Fraser fraser at forbin.com
Wed Feb 24 00:34:11 GMT 1999

Possibly someone can help me with a TH-400 application.  I haven't ever had
any dealings with these units, so I have a few questions...

1.  The trans has a wire labeled "kickdown switch".  What does this do, and
do you ground it or supply +12 to activate it? (I assume +12v, since there
are no other wires and grounding could be through the case)

2.  Does anyone see any problems with deleting the speedo sensor, since the
speedometer on my car takes its reading from the differential, and I'll be
using a manual transmission calibration with the PCM... (96 LT1)  I think
the only thing that a manual cal uses the speedo for is idle speed, and I
can do without that.  Error codes aren't a concern...

3.  There's a modulator on the side of the case.  What does a modulator do
when it sees boost pressure?  Should I use a check valve to block boost from
going to it?

4.  How do you adjust the wide open throttle shift points?  I realize that
the trans must be disassembled.

Thanks a lot,
Brock