Covert Data Logging was--->OBD II guys

Kurek, Larry lkurek at anl.gov
Thu Feb 25 15:52:30 GMT 1999

Nothing specific, although I beleive the proposed OBDIII specification calls
for such logging. Funny thing is, this log can be combined with MPH
readings....I wonder if the testing stations would see this and what they
would do. Just think of when they combine GPS, data logging, and telemetry.
Hell, break the speed limit and a ticket just shows up. Even worse, the top
speed limiter (which the ECM already has), will be reprogrammed with the
current speed limit of the road you are oon. Active speed enforcement
anyone?

FWIW, I know the airbag module in my 94 Z28 logs certain info at the time of
deployment...i.e. seat belts being worn, speed at time of impact, etc.

TTYL!

Larry