SEC: UNCLASSIFIED RE: Plasma Jet Ignitition

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Feb 25 18:29:00 GMT 1999

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Nico Over wrote:

> Greg,
> You can get info from their homepage at www.directhits.com. I ran them
> on my 87 4runner and noted no difference in mileage/power/starting but I
> am running a Jacobs ignition also. Don't know if that negates the
> possible benefits . So if anyone wants to try some let me know I have 4
> that I'll sell cheap, Nico

I looked at their web site.  It is unclear to me how the device can
work without a connection to ground.  Do the devices you have actually
make contact with part of the plug that would be ground?  It did not
look like to me that it did contact any grounded part.   I can see
how a cap would work if one side was ground (assuming the cap survives
the instanteous current involved), but cannot really see if it is not
grounded.  I can also see how it would work if there was an active
component charging up the cap.

			Roger