EEC: RE: 5.0 Wiring in 92 ranger

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 19:34:42 GMT 1999

In various messages , huntera at cadvision.com writes:

>The 5.0 was out of a 94 and ran well.  The harness is out of an 89, but the
>computer is an A9S.  I have an A9L that I will try out.  The MAF is from an
>89 too.  TPS is at .95v.  No apparent vacuum leaks.
>
>I am stumped and dead tired of working on this thing.  :)
>
>Andrew
>
>I should expand abit on this;  TPS is set at .95v, timing is set at 12, no
vacuum leaks, fuel pressure is ok.  KOEO codes are all related to EGR stuff
(removed).  With the work to the harness, I am thinking a ground or power
problem.>>

Does the ECM you are using have a input for EGR position?  Ford uses this info
to reduce pulse width when the EGR is open. ( since exhaust contains little
oxygen, fuel input must be reduced).  I don't know what a open circuit would
do on this system.

Harold