EFI for Propane

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Feb 27 06:11:49 GMT 1999

>....What about cooling the lpg to a point where its liquid, then we
>could use regular efi injectors, we dont have to create a box that must
>regulate injection time for the variable pressure that temperature is
doing

>for lpg fuel pressure.Can a Lucas disc type injector cope with the
>pressure?
>What about two injectors in series?One ontop of the other?
>I have been thinking of just pumping twostroke oil into the lpg tank
>to get a mix.
>Espen Hilde

I was thinking of feeding the liquid into the injecter at perhaps 330
PSI, and using something similar to a diesel injecter on the other end
that opens at 300 PSI.  That way the injecter would see a 30 PSI
difference in pressures, and be dealing with a warm liquid.  The standard
injecter would be used as a valve, and the propane would vaporize once it
leaves the injecter (regulater or whatever you want to call it).

I would rather have an injecter that can handle the 300 PSI without such
a jerry rig, though.

Ray