Adjusting parameters that determine BLM cell - GM ECM

Mike trinity at golden.net
Mon Feb 1 01:26:48 GMT 1999

>> If your BLM is at 110 or so, your running way fat. Any chance of turning
>> down the fuel pressure a pound or two or three? Or is it okay up top and
>> rich down low?
>>

>The part throttle tables are rather rich.  At wot I am running 850-870
>mv which should be pretty good.  It also varies quite a bit from cell
>to cell on how excessivly rich things are.  There is at least 3 cells
>that are within a reasonable amount.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the block learn multiplier and integrator are
ignored at WOT (or more correctly, open loop), at any RPM, so any tuning you
do here won't affect WOT operation. If the system is running closed-loop,
there aren't any tables per se (except maybe the block cells which are
derived from the integrator anyway) that are used to adjust fuel. It's all
done off the integrator and O2 sensor. I wonder if you can find if there's
an injector "scaling" factor that could be used to apply a reduction in IPW
rather than tweaking the logic.

To me, 850-870 on the O2 still sounds a tad fat but it's really a call that
should be made after dyno pulls with other O2 voltages seen for comparison.
I thought the Buick GN crowd shoot for somewhere around 700-800mV...

--
 Mike