UEGO IDEA was(Re: More UEGO stuff)

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Mon Feb 1 02:03:35 GMT 1999

Sounds like there is a lot of pent up UEGO talent out there.  Here is an
idea for a product that about half of us could really use right now  (I'd
buy two if I could find such an animal).   Picture
this........................................................you are working
on a GM style MAP based system, that is to be converted to artificial
aspiration.  Perhaps it was originally artificially aspirated, or perhaps it
was not.   Once the basic control "system" is in place, you and I are still
faced with the challenge of remappping the open loop VE tables.   Remapping
the VE's can be done labouriously, through data logging, and post hex
editing.

What about a control box which would take a UEGO signal, and perform an
appropriate transform equation, and then export the resultant signal to an
output port which one could connect to the O2 sensor pin of an OEM  MAP
computer.    The goal would be to make an artificial setpoint (say 11.5:1
A/F ratio) appear to the OEM computer as stoich.  If this were possible,
then one could use the OEM computer to generate BLM's and iteratively (read
this as safely) reach the perfect "MAP" while driving, or while on a chassis
dyno.  Imagine, in one afternoon, you could do the work of several days.
This would even help the normally aspirated guys.

Just food for thought.  If anyone comes up with one of these (or knows where
I can find one)  then let me know, please.

Thanks;
Walt.