More UEGO stuff)

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Mon Feb 1 03:57:11 GMT 1999

Going one step beyond that:

You can replace the regular HEGO sensor with a UEGO sensor that has
additional circuitry that allows any mixture to be seen as stoich by the
stock computer.  It can be made to see 11.5:1 (to use your example) as
stoich at WOT, and around 16:1 as stoich during light throttle cruise.
There were a few of us toying with that idea a few months ago.  The
circuitry to do that would be fairly simple.  Simply feed the UEGO signal
and an appropriate DC level into a adder, then amplify it to get the
desired slope.

Ray Drouillard