Random thoughts

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Jan 2 04:40:54 GMT 1999

>Water injection and corrosion and other such concerns.
>
>Ammonia Nitrate - commercially available as fertilizer.  Totally dissolves in
>water.  Minerals drop out.  You may seriously consider using the resultant
>stew as water injection. Solves the problem of not being blendable with
>petroleum based fluids nicely.

ERRHM--

"Minerals drop out"--?? You mean something precipitates out when you
dissolve the prell in water?? Any idea what?? Or what is usual??

Got any data handy on  the effect of % by weight NH4-NO3  dissolved in H2O
on freexing temperature of the H2O??

Sounds to me like this might well out-do alky as a practical antifreeze for
an H2O injection system!!!  Might even be available in, say, Baja!!---- :-)
(Not that one should expect to need antifreeze there, but you know how it
is!)

Regards, Greg