oops... (was Re: Nology)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Jan 2 04:49:28 GMT 1999

>Oh yea - one more thing - you don't need to trigger the LCD from a camera
>flash, just
>drive it from a RADAR detector. Pick the signal off the red LED, and throw
>in a 10
>second delay before the LCD is allowed to return to normal.

Great thinkin' as to how to turn on any such countermeasures!!

Mebbe a mottled pattern high intensity light, filtered to match a plate
color and aimed at the plate would work better (and cheaper) than an LED
screen. (Plus it would, technically, not be "obscuring" the plate.) Make it
a thirty second delay, and add a light for the rear plate just to be sure!

Nest question--what do we use to trigger (turn on) the same lights in the
presence of one of the roadside smog sniffers (which I think are infra-red
based.)

Regards, Greg