EFI on a Dodge 318

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:36:25 GMT 1999

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

>>Sounds like an A-833 trans.  Ever had one apart?  Mine needs
>>synchros...
>
>Nope, just had the top cover off and peered inside, and can visually
>see the bent forks.  its that bad.  but, it shifts, and hopefully its
>repairable without too much effort.  If the forks/syncro's are not
>available, which they should be considering how many years this
>tranny was available, I might go syncro-less.  Though it is a truck,
>not a race car.

Any chance you just need forks?  The forks can be replaced w/o pulling
the trans apart!

>I've found that to be with Chryslers in general.  I've found ZERO
>dodge trucks in the five or six junkyards that I frequent - and on a
>trip to Raleigh in the beginning of the month I found a few and
>scavanaged parts I needed - like the brake cables for the parking
>brake.

Yea, same here.  I got my bellhousing from Binghamton, NY and I live in
Ohio.  The yards around here had ZERO and the best they could do was get
one via locator for $250!  Robbery!  I ended up paying $60 for the one
from NY.  I consider myself lucky at that price.

Apparently there are yards in the New England area with loads of
moparts...

-Bill