EFI on a Dodge 318

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Sun Jan 3 04:29:46 GMT 1999

>Oh?  I was told the auto-only motors had no hole at all - ie - the pilot
>journal on the input shaft would hit the end of the crank where the hole
>should be.

This is true, nothing a 3/4 bit on a milling machine can't fix :)  Just
that centering it will be a challenge.  I haven't found out how deep it
needs to be, but maybe I can measure this off the length of the input shaft
once I get the tranny out.  I'd really like to shove in a 6-speed or a
5-speed.  4000 RPM at 70 MPH is a bit much.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
1973 Lincoln Continental (460cid)
1975 Dodge D200 3/4 ton Club Cab
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-