92 Corvette LT-1

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Sun Jan 3 20:06:49 GMT 1999

I know you're not supposed to followup your own posts, but I forgot to
mention a couple things:

For sure you'll want the schematics for both cars.  I'd recommend buying
both factory service manuals from Helm.  Expensive, but not much
compared with what you've already got in it (and what's left to
spend...)  I have an Alldata CD and personally I'm not impressed.  If I
were doing it again I'd put the money towards a Helm manual.  Other
people like the Alldata CD, though.

Also, you may want to look at the TPI/TBI engine swapping manual from
Jags that run (www.jagsthatrun.com)  It's aimed at putting EFI engines
into older non-EFI cars but it has some good words on wiring.

Some good advice that the JTR book had was make the engine think it's in
the original car as much as possible.  That means using all the
accessories and sensors from the original car (even things like the
charcoal cannister).  That reduces the amount of hacking you have to do
on the harness.

Sit down with both schematics and figure out all the wiring in advance.
I typed it all into a spreadsheet.  Then take it outside and start
cutting.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet