Water Injection Thread /turbo turbin

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed Jan 6 03:33:13 GMT 1999

>1
>> >stuff in the exhaust housing.  At Mach 1, though, flow through a nozzle
>is
>> >only  >>

.At what point  do we want the pulses to help us?At the point just before
the boost starts?
>Long not isolated headers will lose a lot of the precius energy we have
>when
>we need it as most, when boost is starting ,

Not if they are coated, inside and out and insulated--then the energy has
nowhere to go!!

Or maybe inject some water into the exhaust manifold when the throttle ix
opened, but the turbo has not yet spooled up. This would increase the
volume of the gasses greatly, even though dropping the temp. Prolly would
act like a temporarily smaller nozzle for spool up!

>the turbine?), then is better to have one of the smallest
>exhaust housings on a big turbine wheel, I think this gives you not the
>best peek efficiency but a wider aria.

I will have to ponder on this one, may well be you are right.

>I have seen two stroke engines with tuned expansion cambers and turboes no
>the end, tremendus output! Drag snowsleds with efi and tuned expansion
>cambers and turbo.....WOW

This is awfully close to what I am talking about with a "pressure recovery
accumulator"!! You givd me hope that one would work as I expect on a four
stroke!!!

Regards, Greg