Wide Band Lambda Sensor, where can I locate?

Claus Christensen racing_ecu at gmx.net
Wed Jan 6 06:15:41 GMT 1999

Ezra,

as far as I know it is not possible to just change the Lambda sensor because
your standard ECU or some attachement of it includes special electronics to
amplify the tiny signal the sensor provides  that is special to the type of
sensor used. So when you change the sensor you ecu would probably confuse
lambda readings and consequently would not be working.
Things are different if you use some programmable ECU like our EFI332
project. Then you can talk to the folks you got it from about which sensor
to choose.
If you just want to view the lambda readings there are some (quite
expensive) devices on the market that come with an additional wide-band
sensor to mount in the exaust. They will show you the current lambda on a
LCD screen.

All the best,

Claus