Water Injection Thread

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Wed Jan 6 08:20:38 GMT 1999

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Ah yes.  As popularized in "My cousin Vinny", I believe it was a 65 or
> 66.

Close, guys, but the flexi-shaft swing axle Tempests were 61-61, maybe
even 60, but for sure 64 and up were live axle and very conventional.
   BTW the Olds F85/Cutlass and Buick Skylark were closely related, but
i don't know if they used the swing axle/transaxle setup or not.
   Interesting (to me) side note to tese cars is that this is where
Buick intro'd the old aluminum 215 V8, which would become the 231 V6 we
all know and love.  Even better is that Oldsmobile offered both an NA
and a turbocharged version of that engine, complete with some kind of
anti-detonant fluid injection! And this was still no later than '63, as
in '64 all these cars became standard A-bodies, sharing a platform with
the '64 Chevelle.

Had to jump in...

Aaron

ICQ # 27386985