Water Injection Thread

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Wed Jan 6 13:20:36 GMT 1999

Corvairs also had that setup, after all, they shared chassis with the 61-63
Tempest.  There are lots more Corvair parts around since they were in
production thru '69.

BTW, I don't think its fair to say the Corvette guys copied the Alfa.  There
are only so many solutions to where to put the engine/trans/drive wheels.
Just because the Corvette guys chose the same solution as the
Alfa/Porsche/Ferrari etc. doesn't mean they copied.

Chassis design hasn't really progressed much in the last 40 years.  Today,
cars have much stiffer chassis and more attention is paid to toe change from
cornering loads and suspension travel.  Modern tires have high cornering
stiffness and are more sensitive to toe and steering angles (which is why
suspension designs pay more attention to those things) but the basics are
the same.  The good stuff from the 50's is pretty good.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>