Water Injection Thread

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Wed Jan 6 15:14:46 GMT 1999

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Ah yes.  As popularized in "My cousin Vinny", I believe it was a 65 or
> 66.
>
> Shannen
> diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> > >Pontiac Tempest. (I don't know if Olds had a variant).  Tom
> > >

> > I stand corrected!
> > I called my brother and he told me about 5 minutes ago the same thing...
> > (It was his car!)
> >            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
> >      Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA   T.A.P.R. Member #7068
> >        I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.
Just checked the "bible" - the "standard catalog of American cars" and
found the '61 and '62 tempest with the "rope" driveshaft. '64 was a
different design - may have had the same trans, but I do not think so.
The F85 of the same years used the same basic body and pan, but
different power train. The buick was basically the same car as the olds,
with minor changes and an available V6 in '62. No mention of the unique
power-train layout on either Buick or Olds. It was my recollection that
only the Indy Four (half 389) was so equipped. The transmission was
known as the "TempesTorque". It "appears" only the 4 cyl automatic was
so equipped. Neither Olds, nor Buick, offered this combination (4 cyl
automatic) and all 6 and 8 cyl tempests used HydraMatic trans for
automatic .