Water Injection Thread

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Wed Jan 6 15:15:27 GMT 1999

The '61-63 F-85 Cutlass and Skylark were front engine V-8 or V-6 ('62) live
rear axle.  The Tempest was front engine slant 4 (1/2 of a 389) with the
rope drive and rear transaxle and shared the rear swing axle
suspension/transaxle with the Corvair.  I was very liberal with my use of
"shared" chassis.  Some parts are common.  The BOP's were unit body thru
'63.  In 64, they all went conventional body on frame front engine/rear
drive.  The Corvair, of course remained a unit body.

BTW, Repco (Jack Brabbham, Australia) used the 215 V-8 as a basis for a
Formula 1 engine using OHC heads.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>