Wide Band Lambda Sensor, where can I locate?

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Wed Jan 6 16:13:44 GMT 1999

ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/5/99 10:36:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, bearbvd at sni.net
> writes:
>

> >  Honda VTEC's use an NGK which is way superior to the Bosch unit.
>
> Is this a wide range sensor, and which models/engines used it?
> Thanks,
> Mike V

If you guys go back to the archives, and do a search for "egor" you'll
come up with lots of information about wide range O2 sensors,
specifically the Honda one, used on VX (high mileage lean burn) Civics.
It's available from the Honda dealer for $140 or so, but requires
special electronics.  A former list member had done quite a bit of
research on it, reading patents, etc.  It certainly sounded like a
doable project  if someone wants to pick up the ball...

--steve