Water Injection Thread

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 17:49:23 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/6/99 12:38:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
StowT at PerkinsCoie.com writes:

<< I believe the early Buick special did have some unique features, while the
 engine was in front, and it had a usual rear axle, I think the auto trans
 was mounted in the rear. There was something real unique about it, but I'm
 not a Buick guy.

Having owned a '62 Buick Skylark, the unusual features (for the time) were
unibody construction (which was derived from the Corvair) and the Aluminum V8.
The shipping weight for this "midsize" American car was only 2700lbs!  It had
an auto mated to the engine in the typical way.
The Olds F85 was the same, and the Pontiac Tempest had unibody, Front engine
(half of a V8) and a trans. in the rear with a flexible driveshaft (my dad had
one of those.)

Ted