Turbo header design

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 21:45:33 GMT 1999

I am interested in this thread as I would like to understand better the
dynamics of a turbocharged engine.  It was always my understanding that the
reason for a header over a manifold (in a turbo application)was to equalize
the pressures at the ports,,,not for any kind of scavenging effect because
there is pressure in the exhaust before the turbo usually equalling the intake
pressure(I'm not concerned with how fast the turbo spools up at this point of
the thread,,,, only with what is happening at full boost)  I guess my question
is how could there possibly be scavenging if the exhaust has 15lbs of
backpressure(for a number)???????Greg???Anyone???
-Carl Summers

In a message dated 1/6/99 12:14:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,