Water Injection Thread

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Thu Jan 7 03:26:42 GMT 1999

>>I also remember seeing an old Lincoln that had a double-cardon on both
>>ends of the driveshaft.  I had heard that having a double-cardon at
both
>>ends will allow the driveshaft to drop out of alignment, but the joints
>>on the Lincoln were retained by some pieces of spring steel.
>
>Caddy used to use CV drive-shaft joints like that too--quieter and
>smoother, cuzza no accel/decel of the driveshaft as it rotates. There is
>little sphere and socket in the center that keeps 'em aligned. Mid '70's
>Chevy full-time 4x4 trucks used a similar joint at the transfer case end
of
>their front drive shaft, too.

Do you have any idea where I can get such a critter?  My Grand Wagoneer
has a double cardon on the transfer case side of the front driveshaft,
but it doesn't have the ball and socket self-alignment gizmo.  That is
why there is a single cardon on the differential end.

Double cardon joints would be just the ticket for lifting a Jeep because
it would solve driveline angle vibration problems and add a few inches to
the length of the driveshaft at the same time.  All that would be left is
to use a drop pitman arm and extend the brake lines.

Ray