Wide Band O2

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Thu Jan 7 03:26:46 GMT 1999

Ezra,

Just to let you know what you are up against:
The wide ratio lambda sensor is a different animal.  It actually contains
a standard HEGO sensor that is used in a feedback loop.  You need to
create a circuit that reads the voltage on the HEGO sensor and uses that
info to adjust the current that operates an oxygen ion pump.  The
resultant current is proportional to the lambda, but the curve has a
different slope on either side of stoich.

Just enough details to whet your appetite.  If you need more help, let me
know.

Ray Drouillard, BSEE

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 06:19:19 -0500 "Ezra Hall" <ehall at together.net>
writes:
>Bruce,
> Thank you for the response. I have already built an LED meter to
monitor
>Lambda sensor operation. My problem is locating a Lambda sensor itself
that
>will cover a wider range of Lambda. The stock sensor covers a very
narrow
>range, at least that is what I have read and observed. I want coverage
>Lambda=.86,A/F=12.6:1, MAX POWER. I have heard that newer Hondas use a
wider
>band Lambda sensor so they can run more lean, anyone know? I think these
are
>4-wire Lambda sensors, 2 for the heater, 2 for the sensor
element.Thanks!