Vats

ChvyRs92 at aol.com ChvyRs92 at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 04:28:07 GMT 1999

I have a 92 Camaro with a VATS Passkey System. I am going to try to hook it up
to a 92 corvette. Supposedly the passkey system would send a signal to the ECM
of the Camaro to let it start, but in a 92 Vett it sends a signal to the CCM
too. My question is can I wire the VATS system of the Camaro to the Vett? I
know that all the keys put out different levels of resistance and the passkey
system lets the ECM know it is O.K. to start, but is the signal put out by the
passkey system to the ECM/CCM specific?