Duty Cycle Monitor Group Buy

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Fri Jan 8 01:46:20 GMT 1999

> I've believed that there has been a need for a duty cycle monitor for
> some time, and have been looking for some time to build one, but with no
> luck.  It seems like one or two people out there have plans.  I would be
> willing to voulenteer to put together a kit (design PCB, order parts,
> etc) for such a beast, if someone had some working source code.  I can
> program PICs, too.  What _I_ would like to see on a display is on time
> (in ms), off time, frequency (and/or RPM), and duty cycle (in %).  All
> on an LCD Display.

> If anyone has some PIC source code, please let me know.

Look for dataaq.zip on the ftp site.  It drives a standard LCD,
does two duty cycles as-is.  It does RPM off flywheel teeth.
It uses a PIC 16C73.  A PCB design exists in EasyTrax if you
want AtoD, thermocouple inputs and RS232 output as well, though the PCB isn't
in the zip file.

It would need some work to make it a little more generic or
to display times as well as duty cycles.

As I mentioned earlier, I also have a PIC 16C84 design for a
2 digit duty cycle meter which I have yet to upload...

Orin.