Duty Cycle Monitor Group Buy

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Jan 8 01:59:07 GMT 1999

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Steven Ciciora wrote:

> I've believed that there has been a need for a duty cycle monitor for
> some time, and have been looking for some time to build one, but with no
> luck.  It seems like one or two people out there have plans.  I would be
> willing to voulenteer to put together a kit (design PCB, order parts,
> etc) for such a beast, if someone had some working source code.  I can
> program PICs, too.  What _I_ would like to see on a display is on time
> (in ms), off time, frequency (and/or RPM), and duty cycle (in %).  All
> on an LCD Display.
>
> If anyone has some PIC source code, please let me know.
>
> Steven Ciciora

I have some comments and questions.

What is a PIC?

I think you can build one with a comparator, two 12 bit counters, some
gates, a 10khz clock, and something to convert the numbers from the
counters to display on a lcd/led (I think there are chips to do
this).  It looks pretty simple to design especially at low
frequencies.

			Roger
			BSEE