1 Bar, 2 Bar, and 3 Bar MAPS

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 8 15:25:35 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Bazarnic <doug at ddelectronics.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, January 08, 1999 3:32 AM
Subject: 1 Bar, 2 Bar, and 3 Bar MAPS

 I have a '95 Chevy 1/2
>ton truck with a small blower making 9 lbs of boost, and I'm thinking of
>trying a 2 BAR map sensor from Accel.   I assume all I'll have to do is
>adjust my fuel settings.   I'm also assuming the stock computer won't throw
>a fit with it.

The MAP is not a Plug+Play, change item.  It's signal is also used for
figuring out barometric pressure.  So to change it means finding and
changing all the barometric calculations.  The Accel unit is probably
sold for use with a system they sell, that uses a 2 bar calibration.
  I've only heard of two guys change a ecm from one MAP sensor to
another range of MAP, both times was way over 6 months of work.
  Yours being a PCM, I'm assuming it's an auto tranny.  Means even
more work.   Clever use of a Haltech E6GM ecm might be an option.
Bruce