Good work Greg..

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Sat Jan 9 07:03:49 GMT 1999

Greg Hermann wrote:

> The header will see the gap in
> the pipe as an open end for pulse tuning. I SUSPECT that such a plenum may
> even work better than an open pipe terminated at the same length as where
> the first cut is.

Take a set of headers and add extensions to the collectors of the same size (3
1/2) and lightly spray the extensions with cheap black paint. Make a couple of
hard passes and the paint will change color at the point they should be cut
off.  This may also work to find the location of the plenum chamber. Engines
sound different when extensions are trimmed like described.  Tom