TCC lockup - which scheme would give better performance?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sat Jan 9 19:07:15 GMT 1999

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> [...]

Do you have any idea what that "chattering" sounds like?  I have a
high perf aftermarket and it makes odd noises sometimes that might be
described as chattering.  Also the company that I got the converter
from makes multiclucth TCC to survive the lockup at WOT.  I wonder if
the aftermarket torque convertors use a much tougher clutch?  I have
had the aftermarket convertor for most of my cars life (70k or more).

				Roger