Non-linear fuel pressure reg

Mike Pitts mpitts at ns-alpha.emi.net
Sun Jan 10 19:05:16 GMT 1999

Hello,

I am thinking of modifying a stock Bosch 233 regulator to
increase fuel pressure at a 2:1 ratio.  Since I am not an
engineer, I would like to run this by some of you who are.

I am making the assumption that by increasing the diaphram
surface area inside the regulator, I can increase the regulator's
rate.  Is this correct?  So if I double the surface area, I should
get a 2:1 rate.

If so, I have a friend with a mill who can make new billet tops,
but where can I find suitable diaphram material?

I know there are other options such as an FMU or PWM Bosch
regulators, but I want to do my own thing first, at minimal
cost of course.

PS: I've searched the archives for pertinent info, but it's kinda
tough without a boolean 'and' search option. :(

Thanks,
-Mike
Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL