Fp regulator mods

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Mon Jan 11 02:28:57 GMT 1999

>I took some measurements and did the math.  The area
>of the vacuum side of the FPR diaphram is 1.6 sq/in.
>I can reduce the area of the fuel side of the diaphram to
>1.0 sq/in.  Will this give me a rate of approx. 1.6:1?

Yes it will, Mike--but how (and to what) are you venting the rest of the
diaphragm area on the fuel side of it??  might be easier to just vent the
manifold side of the existing one to atmosphere, and add a second, bigger
one with manifold pressure on one side and atm. on the other. And, yes,
that way, you will have avoided having to figure a way to seal the rod that
ties the two together---

Regards, Greg