Fp regulator mods

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Tue Jan 12 00:52:25 GMT 1999

At 03:21 PM 1/11/99 -0700, Greg wrote:
(snip)
>Another possibility, if you want REALLY accurate control, would be to
>REDUCE the size of the port

    Which port; return, input or valve?

>in the Mallory valve down to about .060"
>diameter (with a bushing), get the control rate the way you want it as
>discussed above, and then use the Mallory regulator as a PILOT valve to
>operate an industrial grade control valve with a BALANCED port,

    Please explain how a BALANCED port works.
    Also, would the Mallory return port feed the IGCValve?  I am having trouble SEEING the final product; how would the fuel get back to the tank?

>and with said port sized correctly for your particular flow situation!! >Said
>industrial valves in the size range we are talking about would prolly set
>you back about one portrait of Ben (otherwise known as a "fun coupon"!!)

    Where can I get a balanced port industrial valve and how do I explain to them what I want?