GM TPI tips for a newbie

Charles Brooks cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net
Wed Jan 13 23:30:44 GMT 1999

Hi all, I joined the list to gain more info on EFI operations
and maybe a little knowledge, If I don't get lost too quickly!

I have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS as a pet project. I recently
installed a built 406 and I've been contemplating an EFI swap.
Well, I stumbled onto a TPI setup from a 1985 5.0 Camaro and
contemplation time seems to be over :)

The 406 flows A WHOLE LOT MORE AIR than the 5.0 so I know I
need to use larger injectors. My guess was 28-32 Lb units but
I'm not sure. I've spoken with a few places about a custom
chip for the ECM but everyone seems to carry "Off the Shelf"
chips instead of doing any custom work. I'm unsure of my
options at this point.

Charles