GM TPI tips for a newbie

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 14 01:06:38 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Brooks <cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net>
To: DIY_EFI Fuel Injection List <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 6:40 PM
Subject: GM TPI tips for a newbie

Your options, are dictated only by what you want to spend or learn.
If you have money, and just want to get something running as mentioned
a laptop programable ecm is an option.  If you have a laptop, and $695 to
$3,000.  If you want to learn, and crack the ecm program $150.
You want to use the oem ecm but forgo all the "cracking"  The Turbo Shop
has programs for "burning" chips.  Mechanically there isn't much difference
from what you have to a 89, but ecm/MAF wise there is a difference.
You could go to the 90-92 ecm, and go MAP.  Best thing is reading the
archives, and figure what works best for you.   Might read some about
Programming 101, if your starting at ground zero and really want to learn
something.
Cheers+Welcome
Bruce