Factory Instrument Panels

todd israels israels at MNSi.Net
Thu Jan 14 01:14:36 GMT 1999

At 08:38 PM 1/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used a GM gage package in anything that they have adapted to
>EFI?
>
>The reason I am asking is I need to adapt a tachometer module from a 90
>Turbo Sunbird to a 91 Sunbird.  The difference is the 90 is a four cylinder
>car, and the 91 is a 3.1V6.  The tach is reading about 50% higher in the V6
>(which makes sense because for every 2 pulses it expects to see, it receives
>three).
>
>If there is no simple solution, does anyone have a circuit that will delete
>every third pulse from the spark module?  I don't know what voltage the
>signal is, but it is a 3.1V6 with the distributorless 3-coil module.  Since
>there fairly common, i'm hoping someone knows ;)
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

	Somewhere in my Fiero notes I have information on wich capacitor to change
to recalibrate tach.  I had to recalibrate mine from 4 to V8 and also my
brothers 914 Porche.  I remember very few capacitors on the board and used
a 555 clock curcuit to calibrate.  Set the 555 to display 4000(L4) on the
bench then use capacitor substitution box to tune tac to 2000 RPM(V8) or
3000?(V6).